Chicks with Checks is a small sums giving circle that provides a foundation for philanthropy through teaching and nurturing effective practices regarding money mindset and management.
Chicks with Checks is committed to changing women’s relationship with money, personally and professionally. Make more, have more, give more.
Chicks with Checks is a women’s membership organization committed to helping each other flourish at the personal, professional, and community levels, beginning with instilling habits of giving - investing in ourselves, each other, our businesses, and our communities. We are centered at the intersection of giving circle, education, and networking. We are dedicated to connecting, collaborating, and lifelong learning. Our courses and coaching focus on instilling a healthy relationship with money, teaching habits and practices to manage and maximize our personal finances and grow our businesses.
Beliefs and Philosophies
- The Giver becomes the Receiver
- Giving is a form of investing in a desired future
- Giving is the first step towards improving our relationships and health as well as our finances.
- There is strength in collaboration
- Community is our safe haven and incubator
- Personal growth begins with instilling small simple habits
- All betterment is based on personal growth
- Lifelong learning is fundamental
- Integrity, honesty, gratitude, and authenticity are bedrock
- We believe women are magnificent.
- We believe in investing in ourselves, each other, our businesses, and our communities,
- We believe the nonprofits on the front lines of our communities and causes are changing the world beginning in their own backyards.
- We believe connecting, collaborating, and lifelong learning based on the philosophy of giving first are the keys to every kind of success.
- We believe change of any kind starts within each and every one of us.
- We believe women are a barely tapped resource with the potential to effect major changes throughout the world. The same holds true for ground zero local nonprofits.
- We believe when women and local nonprofits collaborate on behalf of ourselves, our communities, and our causes, that we all benefit.
- We believe that investing in the growth, visibility, and economic health of women and local nonprofits is advantageous to us all.
- We believe that women from all walks of life - from CEOs to small business owners to solopreneurs to stay-at-home moms to grandmothers – are essentials. What we have in common is a deep-rooted passion for investing in ourselves, our communities, and our causes.